To print to a Pharos printer from a Linux computer, please follow the following procedure.
Verify you're on the proper network
Pharos printers only work if you’re connected to the campus network one of three ways:
Remove /etc/cups/client.conf (if it exists) using this command:
sudo mv /etc/cups/client.conf /etc/cups/client.conf.orig
Connect to the CUPS interface at the following URL:
- Click Administration and then Add Printer.
- Select LPD/LPR Host or Printer and click Continue.
Enter the following URL into the space provided, replacing CruzID with your actual CruzID login name:
- In the Name field, enter Pharos. Click Continue.
- Select Generic, and then Generic Postscript Printer, and click Add Printer.
- Click the Options tab, and select Installed for the Duplexer field.
- Click the General tab, and in the 2-Sided Printing box, select Long Edge (Portrait).
- Click Set Default Options.