Who Gets BSOE Accounts?
- Faculty, staff and graduate students affiliated with BSOE.
- Undergrads taking a senior-thesis, independent-study, or graduate level BSOE class. Undergrads must be registered for the quarter and enrolled in one of the these classes.
- Post-doctorate and visiting lecturers affiliated with BSOE.
- Guests working with a SOE faculty or staff requiring facilities only available on BSOE machines.
How Do I Apply for a BSOE Account?
- To create a new BSOE account, please complete the on-line account form. Accounts are approved electronically by your account sponsor, who is usually you faculty adviser or a BSOE staff member.
- If you need sudo or Windows administrator access to a computer or server, you will also need to fill out an Administrative Access Request Form.
How Long Do BSOE Accounts Last?
- Faculty accounts must be renwed every 10 years. Staff accounts must be renewed every 5 years. All other accounts are renewed by the account sponsor annually.
- All users will be given at least two weeks prior notice via e-mail of account closure.
Which Machines Are Accounts Given On?
- All users, except alumni, get access to the BSOE Linux servers as well as BSOE workstations in labs and offices.
Where can I edit my directory information, set my shell, sponsor accounts, etc?