Skip to main content
CIC: Graduate Space
- PhD students should be officed in their faculty advisor's laboratory space. Exceptions to this policy are to be worked out on a case-by-case basis with the faculty advisor, graduate director and department chair.
- MS students do not have office space. Exceptions to this policy are to be worked out on a case-by-case basis with the faculty advisor.
- Teaching Assistants (TAs) should conduct office hours in BE-312B, BE-312C/D or E2-480. To schedule TA office hours please see https://grad.soe.ucsc.edu/ta-office-hours
- Students graduating or leaving the School are expected to clean out their desk/locker and turn in desk/locker keys - as well as building keys - to the Facilities Manager at the end of their final quarter. The Graduate Student Advisors will provide the Facilities Manager with the list of graduate students leaving the School at the end of each quarter. Desks/lockers assigned to departing graduate students can be reassigned to new graduate students at the start of the next quarter. If necessary, abandoned materials will be removed from desks/lockers and stored by the Facilities Manager for a maximum of thirty days after which all abandoned materials will be discarded.
- Graduate student recommendations for workspace improvements should be communicated to the student's Faculty Advisor, Graduate Directors, Graduate Student Advisors or the Facilities Manager.