CIC: Graduate Space
- Graduate Student Researchers (GSRs) should be officed in their advisor's laboratory space. Exceptions to this policy are to be worked out on a case-by-case basis with the School's Graduate Programs Manager (Carol Mullane). Faculty may also choose to office non-GSR graduate students in their laboratory space.
- The School's common graduate desk/workstation space is not assignable. Rather, common space is used like desk/table space in the campus's general libraries.
- Currently, common graduate desk/workstation space is located in BE 316.
- In order to minimize disruption in the graduate student spaces, TAs shall conduct office hours in BE314A only.
- Students graduating or leaving the School are expected to clean out their desk/locker and turn in desk/locker keys - as well as building keys - to the Facilities Manager at the end of their final quarter. The Graduate Programs Manager will provide the Facilities Manager with the list of graduate students leaving the School at the end of each quarter. Desks/lockers assigned to departing graduate students can be reassigned to new graduate students at the start of the next quarter. If necessary, abandoned materials will be removed from desks/lockers and stored by the Facilities Manager for a maximum of thirty days after which all abandoned materials will be discarded.
- Graduate student recommendations for workspace improvements should be communicated to the student's Faculty Advisor, the Graduate Student Representative , Graduate Programs Manager (Carol Mullane) or the Facilities Manager (Bob Vitale).