The following limitations exist:
- Any faculty with more than 10u of servers must run a temperature shut down script
- If the primary use of the box is not for SOE, it is in the pool of boxes that will be the first to be bumped when space is needed.
- If it is for general SOE use, there needs to be a process for how people get access (if standard SOE login is not sufficient)
- More than 5 heat alerts or average temp above 78 degrees will trigger a CIC review over currently allocated space.
- An individual faculty can get 6u of servers added per year without CIC approval
- A total limit per faculty will be limited to 12u without CIC approval
- Allocations beyond those amounts can be approved or rejected by CIC
- Machines are granted 3 year "leases", after 3 years they are reviewed annually to make space for newer computers.
- CIC will perform an annual review of server room space at the beginning of the Academic Fall Quarter.