- Assistant Dean, Chair
- One faculty representative from each SOE Department
- SOE System Administration Managers
- SOE Graduate Student
- Facilities Representative
BSOE's computing environment including faculty and graduate student offices and research laboratories, but excluding instructional laboratories, administrative computing and CATS-managed laboratories.
Charge to the Committee
Serve as the forum for:
- Discussing, planning and implementing strategic direction for Schoolwide computing infrastructure and support.
- Creating Schoolwide procedure and policy in computing infrastructure and support.
- Recommending deployment of Schoolwide computing resources-such as Instructional Equipment Replacement (IER) funding.
- Discuss issues affecting operation and maintenance of SOE computing environment.
- Resolving conflicts between users and technical staff regarding SOE computing infrastructure issues.
- Recommend courses of action to Dean.
- Each SOE department chair identifies one faculty member from their department to serve on committee.
- Managers from SOE systems administration unit serve on committee.
- SOE faculty-at-large communicate computing infrastructure and support concerns to their departmental committee representative who, in turn, brings issues to the committee.
- Technical staff communicate computing infrastructure and support concerns to their manager who, in turn, brings issues to the committee.
- Committee members forward agenda items to Assistant Dean.
- Committee meets once a month.
- Committee analyzes issues and takes action or makes recommendations, as appropriate.
- As appropriate, Assistant Dean presents committee's recommendations to Dean for action.
Computer Infrastructure Committee Policy Statements